‘Here and there in the leafy glade of her letters a ripe berry of information gleams.’
When was the last time you saw a Key Performance Indicator that grabbed or inspired you? Since one aim of WritingRedux is to liven up language, why not start with a standard management tool often deployed with language of tepid drabness?
This beautiful quotation inspired me to create some lively, memorable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the website, with writing that aspires to feel like a leafy glade to the reader, bursting with ripe berries of information. Since you are supposed to make KPIs quantifiable if possible, let’s aim for hectares of leafy glades rich in biodiversity, and bushels of those gleaming berries. Other KPIs could include:
- Keen Penetrating Intelligence – if not my own, at least that of the writers I feature.
- Keep Providing Inspiration – sharing with you a few decades’ worth of written gems.
- Kind and Polite Interaction – demonstrating to this or that Presidential fight that discourse is possible without lobbing brickbats.
- Key-Pounding Intensity – creating a decent flow of content, with quality at least matching quantity.
- Keep Punters Interested – ensuring you find enough enjoyment to … KEEP POPPING IN
Source: Molly Peacock, The Paper Garden (London: Bloomsbury, 2012 (2010)), p. 320
Photo credit: jill111 at pixabay.com